Call 9-1-1 When:
- You see smoke or fire.
- Someone’s life and/or property are in immediate danger.
- You see a crime being committed.
- Rescue or emergency medical assistance is needed.
Not Sure If You Should Call? Then call 9-1-1 and let trained personnel decide.
Unless you need an immediate response to a fire, medical or police emergency, call the non-emergency number at (206) 296-3311. Using the non-emergency number keeps 9-1-1 available for true emergencies.
Some examples of times when you should call (206) 296-3311 are:
- Your house or car was broken into yesterday.
- Your runaway child has returned home.
- You need to add additional items to the burglary report which you made last week.
- Your car was stolen sometime overnight.
- Someone stole your bicycle while you were at school.
- There is an abandoned vehicle on your street