skip to main content

Regional Animal Services

Providing animal care and control services to 25 cities and unincorporated King County

Regional Animal Services of King County (RASKC)

21615 64th Ave. S.
Kent, WA 98032
206-296-PETS (7387)
TTY Relay 711

General Info

Pet Adoptions

Pet Licensing

Monday: 3 - 6 p.m.
Tuesday - Friday: noon - 6 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday: noon - 5 p.m.

Get help

Field services

Our animal control field officers respond to the following requests:

  • Vicious animal complaints
  • Cruelty investigations
  • Animal bites
  • Injured animal rescues
  • Law enforcement agency calls for assistance
  • Loose livestock on roadways
  • Aggressive or sick animal pickup

Regional Animal Services of King County's service area includes all unincorporated areas of King County and 25 contracting cities. For service, please call 206-296-PETS (7387) or email

If you are experiencing a life-threatening animal-related emergency, call 9-1-1.

Lost pets

Searching for a lost pet is heartbreaking and stressful. Regional Animal Services is pleased to provide help for owners who have lost pets.

Read about tips for finding lost pets (PDF) and visit the King County Pet Adoption Center, and all other local shelters, frequently to have the best chances of being reunited.

You can also post a free classified ad on, search for strays on, or contact Missing Pet Partnership of Seattle (external links).

A pet license is one of the easiest and fastest ways to help your lost pet find its way home again.

Found stray pet

Searching for the owner of a stray pet can be frustrating. Regional Animal Services of King County is pleased to offer resources for people who are trying to find a stray pet's owner.

RASKC also accepts stray pets over the counter at the King County Pet Adoption Center in Kent. For questions, call 206-296-PETS (7387).

If the pet is wearing a Regional Animal Services of King County (RASKC) license tag, call the number on the tag (206-296-2712) and have the six-digit license number available. When you call, you will either reach our pet licensing staff or our automated voice response system. Give the license number to our staff, or enter the number when prompted by the automated system. You will be given the pet owner's phone number so you can contact them directly to return their pet.

If the pet is wearing an ID tag and if you feel comfortable enough with the animal to check the information, contact the owner directly.

Veterinary clinics: If you have a microchip scanner, and can obtain the code number, you can use the AAHA Pet Microchip Lookup tool to identify the owner of a stray pet.

Surrendering a pet

We understand that there are many circumstances that could lead to a pet owner to consider giving up their pet(s). However, surrendering a pet should be viewed as a last resort. Please read the Information to Consider (PDF) when you think you need to surrender a pet.

We take in surrendered animals by reservation only, based on our available cage/kennel space each day. Please call 206-296-PETS (7387) to make a surrender reservation. Our reservations fill up quickly each morning. Our call center opens at 8:30 a.m. Monday through Friday, and we can fill reservations for that day only based on available space.

On average, when you surrender a pet it costs King County around $300 per animal for vaccinations, food, boarding, and veterinary care. Anything you can donate to cover costs when you surrender an animal is greatly appreciated. If we are unable to take additional surrendered animals that day, call center staff will be able to provide you with a list of other local shelters who may be able to take owner-surrender animals.

Animal complaints

If you are encountering issues with someone else's pet, and have been unable to resolve the issue by communicating with the pet's owner, you can submit a complaint using one of the following methods.

  • Fill out and email a completed complaint form (PDF) to
  • Call 206-296-PETS (7387), extension 24, Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
  • Download, print, and mail or fax a hard-copy complaint form to:
    • Mail: Regional Animal Services of King County (RASKC), 21615 64th Ave. S, Kent, WA 98032
    • Fax: 206-205-8043
Animal noise complaints

People living in urban and suburban areas of King County should expect to live with some level of noise. Even rural areas can be impacted by noise. Traffic, neighborhood children, lawn equipment, and barking dogs are just a few examples. As a resident, you are expected to tolerate most of these noises within reason. However, in the case of excessive noise caused by a pet, there are several things you can do.

  1. Communicate with the pet owner
    Try to talk to the pet owner about the problem. Sometimes owners are not aware of the problem, especially when they are not at home. A neighborly discussion can be helpful. Try to work out a mutually agreeable solution, and allow the pet owner a reasonable amount of time to remedy the situation. Make note of the dates and times of your contacts with the pet owner and responses received.
  2. Send our helpful preventing noise nuisance materials to the owner
    Print out our Preventing Nuisance Barking brochure and Noise Nuisance Letter, and share these materials with the pet owner. They are designed to help pet owners understand the problem and offer some ideas about correcting a noisy pet issue.
  3. Document and submit a Noise Complaint Petition
    If you have tried unsuccessfully to solve the problem by talking to the pet owner, and you have identified other neighbors who are also disturbed by the noise, we can assist you. Carefully follow the instructions on the Noise Complaint Petition Form. Document your experiences thoroughly and honestly, as you may need to testify at an appeal hearing.

    • Please note that you must have the exact address where the nuisance pet lives, a minimum of three complainants, and the form must be signed.

    Scan and email your completed Petition to, fax it to 206-205-8043 or mail it to:

       Regional Animal Services of King County (RASKC)
        21615 64th Ave. S.
        Kent, WA 98032

    RASKC will contact the pet owner to let them know a complaint was filed and that they must take action to correct the problem.
  4. If the noise continues
    Do not stop documenting the noise issues. If the steps above do not resolve the problem, RASKC can take escalating enforcement action. In order to do so, contact us with updated documentation of the continuing problem. We will continue to work on the noise disturbance as long as you and your neighbors continue to document the ongoing problems and submit information to us. As necessary, RASKC officers will be dispatched and may issue additional notices of violation until the problem is resolved.

If you have questions, please call 206-296-PETS (7387) extension 24, or email Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Animal regulations

See our regulations page for answers to frequently asked animal enforcement questions, and to view helpful information about pet regulations in King County. Find information about how many pets you are allowed to have, the common reasons animals may be impounded, rules in parks, and pet licensing requirements.

Frequently asked questions

Our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page answers common questions such as, "Do you rescue cats trapped in trees?" and "What can you tell me about microchips?" If you cannot find the information you are looking for on our website, please call 206-296-PETS (7387) or email

Our Services

License your pet

Adopt a pet

Get help



King County Pet Adoption Center

21615 64th Ave. S.
Kent, WA 98032

Monday: 3 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Tuesday - Friday: 12 noon - 6 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday: 12 noon - 5 p.m.

Eastside Pet Adoption Center

12040 NE 85th St. (inside Petco)
Kirkland, WA 98033

1 - 6 p.m., seven days a week