skip to main content


Enhanced 911 services

Enhanced 911 Program Office 
7300 Perimeter Rd S, Room 128
Seattle, WA 98108-3848
Fax: 206-296-3909

King County
Office of Emergency Management

3511 NE 2nd Street
Renton, WA 98056-4192
Fax: 206-205-4056
OEM home page

How 9-1-1 works in King County

Did you know that more than 1.76 million 9-1-1 calls were made in 2013 in King County? These calls are selectively routed to the twelve different 9-1-1 centers that answer 9-1-1 calls for 77 police and fire agencies in King County.

The 9-1-1 call centers in King County are:

Bothell Police Department- handles police calls for Bothell and Lake Forest Park

Enumclaw Police Department- handles calls for the Enumclaw Police and Fire

Issaquah Police Department- handles police calls for Issaquah, North Bend and Snoqualmie

King County Sheriff’s Office- handles police calls for Beaux Arts Village, Burien, Carnation, Covington, Kenmore, Maple Valley, Metro Transit, Newcastle, Sammamish, SeaTac, Shoreline, Skykomish, Woodinville and Unincorporated King County

NORCOM- handles police calls for Bellevue, Clyde Hill, Kirkland, Medina, and Mercer Island and fire calls for Bellevue, Bothell, Duvall, Fall City, Issaquah, Kirkland, Mercer Island, North Bend, Northshore, Redmond, Shoreline, Skykomish, Stevens Pass, Snoqualmie, Snoqualmie Pass, and Woodinville

Port of Seattle Police Department- handles police calls for Port of Seattle

Redmond Police Department- handles police calls for Duvall and Redmond

Seattle Police Department- handles police calls for Seattle

Seattle Fire Department- handles fire calls for Seattle

University of Washington Police Department- handles police calls for University of Washington

Valley Communications Center- handles police calls for Algona, Auburn, Black Diamond, Des Moines, Federal Way, Kent, Pacific, Renton, and Tukwila and fire calls for Auburn, Algona, Black Diamond, Burien, Des Moines, Fairwood, Federal Way, Kent, Maple Valley, North Highline, Pacific, Palmer, Renton, SeaTac, Selleck, Skyway, Tukwila, and Vashon Island

Washington State Patrol- handles police calls from all state roadways in King County

Please use 9-1-1 responsibly.  Call only if you need an emergency response from police, fire or medics. For non-emergencies call your local police or fire department or other appropriate agency.