skip to main content

Department of Permitting and Environmental Review

Department of Permitting and Environmental Review
35030 SE Douglas St., Ste. 210
Snoqualmie, WA 98065-9266

Phone: 206-296-6600
TTY Relay: 711

Service Center Hours

Special use permit (King County property)

What is the purpose of special use permit (King County property)?

This is a permit required by King County whenever a private individual or developer plans to do work on King County owned property, such as a park or drainage facility.

This permit is also required for temporary uses of King County right-of-way, for example:

  • block parties
  • parades
  • tree removal.

This permit is not administered by the Permitting Department but may be required as a condition of an approval by the Permitting Department.

Notes / Comments

For more information

Legal authority

Chapter 14.30 (PDF*, 276KB) of the King County Code

Administered by

King County Real Estate Services

*Note: To view PDFs, free software from Adobe is required. See helpful hints for assistance.

To request this information in alternate formats for people with disabilities, call 206-296-6600 or TTY Relay:  711.