New! 2012 Countywide Planning Policies
Countywide Planning Policies (PDF*, 592KB)
- Urban Growth Boundary (PDF*, 1MB)
- Urban Separators: North Overview (PDF*, 2MB)
- Urban Separators: South Overview (PDF*, 319KB)
- Urban Separators: Kirkland/Willows (PDF*, 61KB)
- Interim Potential Annexation Areas (PDF*, 3MB)
About the Countywide Planning Policies
The Countywide Planning Policies or CPPs (PDF*, 213KB) are a series of policies that address growth management issues in King County. The Growth Management Planning Council (GMPC) brings together elected officials from King County and the cities and jurisdictions within it to develop the CPPs.
Adopted and ratified by the cities in 2013, the CPPs provide a countywide vision and serve as a framework for each jurisdiction to develop its own comprehensive plan, which must be consistent with the overall vision for the future of King County.
For more information, please contact:
Karen Wolf, Senior Policy Analyst
Performance, Strategy and Budget
Phone: (206) 263-9649