Workshops and events
No events are scheduled at this time but please check back. This page will be updated when new events are announced. Past Department of Permitting presentations are available for viewing as described below.
View Department of Permitting workshops and events online
The following past events can be viewed online as streaming video. To view streaming video, either Windows Media Player (download free version) or RealPlayer which may be downloaded for free at www.real.com (external links), is required.
Please note: An error occurs if Windows Media Player or RealPlayer has not been installed. If this happens when selecting the following videos, see the free version links above and install or reinstall and try again.
- King County Soil Standard, 2007 (7.5 min., Windows Media)
Learn about the King County Soil Standard from this Department of Natural Resources and Parks video. For more information and alternate formats, see King County Post-construction Soil Standard.
- The Soil-Stormwater Connection, May 2006 training by Howard Stenn (32 min., RealPlayer)
- Developing a Soil Management Plan, May 2006 training by Howard Stenn (18 min., RealPlayer)
- The Critical Areas Ordinance: Critical Areas Overview and the Permit Process, January 28, 2005, Department of Permitting (formerly DDES) Workshop (3 hr., 6 min., Windows Media)
Powerpoint slide shows
- Electronic Plan Review (eReview)
Department of Permitting (formerly DDES) held information sessions in September 2006 to introduce eReview, a new process at the Department of Permitting to accept plan submittals electronically, which began in October 2006 as a pilot project.
Presentation materials from the information sessions are now available online:
- View Electronic Plan Review (eReview) PowerPoint Slide Show
- Open or download eReview PowerPoint file (PPT*, 1.4MB)
- Presentation in PDF format: eReview pdf (PDF*, 1MB)
- Permit Center Roundtable 2006
On February 22, 2006, the Department of Permitting (formerly DDES) Permit Center hosted a Roundtable discussion with permit runners and builders to discuss permit intake procedures, permit application requirements, and other issues.
The meeting was very interactive and at the request of the attendees, presentation materials from the meeting have been made available online:
- View Permit Center Roundtable 2006 PowerPoint Slide Show
- Open or download Roundtable 2006 PowerPoint file (PPT*, 3.5MB)
- Presentation in PDF format: Roundtable 2006 pdf (PDF*, 1.2MB)
Permit center staff are working together to implement procedures to address many of the suggestions put forth at that meeting for improving processes, communication, and overall service. Suggestions involving other Department sections will be shared with appropriate staff. Due to the success of this event, we hope to continue this format with other sections in the Department of Permitting.
Mailing list: E-mail alerts for future workshops
To receive notices of upcoming Department of Permitting workshops by e-mail, subscribe to the Department of Permitting e-mail list. Go to http://your.kingcounty.gov/permits/publications/subscribe.aspx for more information and easy sign-up instructions.
For questions about the e-mail list or events, please call 206-296-6600 and ask for the Public Information and Records Officer.
*Note: To view PDFs, free software from Adobe is required. For assistance with PDF and PPT files, see helpful hints.
To request this information in alternate formats for people with disabilities, call 206-296-6600 or TTY Relay: 711.