Goods, Services and Technical Consultant Services
The County has centralized procurement authority under Procurement & Contract Services, and purchases a wide variety of goods, services and Technical Consultant Services to support all County agencies and offices.
We utilize a competitive bidding process, using an Invitation to Bid (ITB), whenever possible. Under this process award is made to the lowest responsive and responsible bidder.
We also utilize a competitive sealed proposal method to purchase good and services, when factors other than price must be considered in selecting a vendor. This method is used for the Request for Proposals (RFP) process and the Request for Qualification (RFQ) process.
The information provided here will familiarize businesses (you) with how King County buys the goods and services it needs and how you can make yourself known to the appropriate County buyer. Refer to the Quick Start Guide to Purchasing Goods and Services (533KB XLS) for more information on King County's procurement and contracting requirements. With these information, you stand the best chance to become aware of what the County needs and of potential business opportunities. The information provided below concentrates on the activities of Goods, Services and Technical Consultant Services.
- Current and Past Invitations for Bid and Requests for Proposals - Download the County's solicitation documents.
- Term Goods and Services Contracts (411KB XLS) - View lists of existing contracts, including vendor, and expiration dates.
- Terms and Conditions (36KB DOC) - Standard Terms and Conditions that apply to all Purchase Orders.
- Glossary of Terms (88KB PDF) - Terms and Definitions used throughout these pages
- Code of Ethics (22KB DOC) - General policy and specific standards to which every County employee must adhere.
- A King County Guide to Ethical Standards - Doing Business with Contractors, Vendors, Clients, and Customers
- W-9 Form (148 KB, PDF) - Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification Form is required of all vendors wishing to do business with King County.
- Related Links - City of Seattle, Washington State, Pierce County, Snohomish County, City of Bellevue , City of Everett
- Frequently Asked Questions and Tips - Link to questions and answers about selling to King County.
- Contact Information - Link to Buyers and Contract Specialists.
Note: Forms listed in this page are available in Microsoft Office Word/Excel or Adobe Acrobat portable data format (PDF).