King County GIS Center Mission, Vision and Goals KCGIS Center Mission: The King County GIS Center’s mission is to work in partnership with county agencies to provide accurate, consistent, accessible, affordable, and comprehensive GIS data, GIS infrastructure, and GIS services to support the unique business needs of King County and the communities we serve.
KCGIS Center Vision: The King County GIS Center is the premier provider of spatial information and GIS services in the region.
KCGIS Center Goals:
- Increase efficiencies and effectiveness of spatial data and GIS applications.
- Provide a valued regional resource of spatial information and GIS expertise.
- Increase ability of county agencies to meet their business needs.
- Continue logical, enterprise-based and business-driven development of KCGIS data, applications, systems, staff, and regional coordination.
To achieve these goals, the GIS Center is organized to:
An additional resource we provide to King County is the GIS Center Client Services Group. This group is composed of staff available for GIS-related projects, services, consulting, and products on a charge-back cost reimbursable basis. Examples of the GIS Center’s client service offerings include:
- Manage the coordination of GIS activity across county departments
- Provide guidance, expertise, and oversight for the KCGIS community
- Administer the core KCGIS database
- Administer the core system components that provide access to the KCGIS database
- Coordinate countywide GIS hardware and software purchase and maintenance contracts
- Support maintenance of core GIS data by county departments
- Develop and maintain a standard GIS data and application front end.
- Custom GIS-based map development
- Department GIS environment customization
- Custom GIS application development
- Custom cartography
- Technical writing
- GIS training
- GIS data development.
See more about Client Services
For more information about the King County GIS Center, feel free to contact me:
King County GIS Center Manager