Finance and Business Operations Division
Governor Jay Inslee, Ollie Garrett (President, Tabor 100) and Sandy Hanks (King County)
Governor Presents Award to King County Finance and Business Operations Division's Sandy Hanks
Governor Jay Inslee presented Sandy Hanks, King County's Business Development and Contract Compliance supervisor, with the organization's Crystal Eagle Award at the Tabor 100 Annual Gala on September 14, 2013.
Hanks received the award on behalf of King County for results achieved through the Procurement Reform Initiative launched in 2010 that has implemented new contracting methods, a small business accelerator and new regional partnerships for small business certification, bolstered by a more efficient and equitable environment that has made it easier for small firms to do business with the County.
Tabor 100 is a non-profit association of entrepreneurs and business advocates committed to economic power, educational excellence and social equity for African-Americans and the community at large.
Facts ... Did you know?
- It is fast and easy. 48,580 property tax payments were processed online in 2012.
- King County Treasury Operations will collect and distribute $3.7 billion in property taxes in 2013.
- King County Treasury Operations manages a nearly $5 billion investment pool for King County agencies and local districts in 2013.
- 9,388 vendor accounts, representing 7,564 businesses, are registered on Procurement’s Online Vendor Registration (OVR) system as of March 2013. Companies are finding it easier to do business with the County.
- Purchases of copy paper by County agencies were reduced by 20% over the past two years; saving approximately $200,000.
- In 2012, King County agencies purchased 4,700 remanufactured toner cartridges, saving approximately $480,000 over buying new.
Our services include:
- Accounting / Financial Management - Maintains the county's central accounting records and preparation of county wide financial reports and official statements. Payments of the county's obligations, billing and collection.
- Benefits, Payroll and Retirement - Administers enrollment of employees in benefits and state retirement plans, and processes payroll.
- Procurement and Contracts - Assists vendors and organizations to do business with the County. Provides procurement and contract information.
- Treasury Services - Collects, distributes and invests property taxes and other public revenues, as well as manages long term debt payments, for King County and other taxing districts.