skip to main content

Community and Human Services

Building vital communities, families and individuals
Department of Community and Human Services
Chinook Building
401 5th Ave, Suite 500
Seattle, WA 98104

e-mail us
Phone:  206-263-9100
Fax:   206-296-5260
TTY:   711 Relay Service

Adrienne Quinn, Director

Sherry Hamilton, Communications Manager

Employee Directory

King County Reduced Fare Bus Ticket Program

bus

The Reduced Fare Bus Ticket Program provides subsidized bus tickets to eligible human service agencies serving persons who are homeless and/or low income. Agencies that receive an allocation pay 20 percent of the value of the tickets, with King County Metro Transit Division covering the remaining 80 percent of the tickets' value.

To be eligible to apply for tickets through this program, your agency must serve homeless and/or low-income people.

 


2015 King County Request for Proposals

Through a competitive Request for Proposals process, King County Department of Community and Human Services and King County Metro are making available approximately $2.25 million face value in subsidized King County Human Services Reduced Fare bus tickets for 2015.

This RFP is available at the County’s Procurement website.  You will be able to access information, including any issued addenda, at this site.  Use the link https://procurement.kingcounty.gov/procurement_ovr/detail.aspx?bidid=2749 to navigate to this posting. Unless you are logged in as a current King County Online Vendor, this link will first pause at a “Enter as a guest” option.  Accessing this guest link will take you directly to the RFP main page. The RFP will be open from 11/6/14 to 12/4/14 at 2 p.m.

Proposal Workshop* 

Two workshops to discuss questions related to this RFP will be conducted:

         2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 13, 2014 - Mercer Island Community Center, Room 103, 8236 SE 24th St. Mercer Island, WA 98040

         11:00 a.m. - 12:00p.m. on Wednesday, November 19, 2014 -  WorkSource Renton,  500 SW 7th St., Room A, Renton, WA 98057

Please contact Roy Dodman at roy.dodman@kingcounty.gov or 206-263-9293 if you have any questions, comments or issues regarding this RFP.

*Please note that, outside of these two workshops, all questions regarding this application must go through King County Procurement 


Other Documents