Welcome to Access and Outreach
The mission of Access & Outreach is to ensure that the most vulnerable in King County have access to essential services. We do this by achieving system wide changes that improve access to health care. Assure access by providing trainings and technical support to our community partners. And provide application assistance to the most vulnerable in King County at our various outreach locations.
One example of how we improve access is through our Access to Baby and Child Dentistry Program (ABCD). ABCD focuses on preventive and restorative dental care for Medicaid-eligible children from birth through age five with an emphasis on the first dental visit by age one.
In addition to the ABCD program, Access & Outreach includes the following: PeoplePoint, Apple Health for Kids, Basic Food Program, Community Health Access Program (CHAP), the Washington State Breast Cervical and Colon Program (BCCHP) and the First Friday Forum.
Free or low cost health insurance
Other primary care health insurance options
Phone and web assistance programs
- Vision information for clients with DSHS Medical / ProviderOne:
- Washington Prescription Drug Program (WPDP)
- National League of Cities (Caremarks) drug plan
- South King County Mobile Medical Care for Homeless People (includes dental care)
- Energy Assistance Programs
- Women Infant Children (WIC)
- Dental providers for all of King County (Parts of Pierce and Snohomish counties included)
Dental provider lists by region:
- Central King County
Serving Downtown Seattle, International District, South Park, George Town, Capitol Hill, Central District, Columbia City, Southeast, Rainier Valley, Skyway, West Seattle, and Vashon Island
- East King County
Serving Bellevue, Bothell, Issaquah, Kirkland, Mercer Island, Redmond, Sammamish, Snoqualmie Valley, Woodinville
- Lower King County
Serving Auburn, Bonney Lake, Federal Way, Kent, Maple Valley
- North King County
Serving Bothell, Ballard, Crown Hill, Lake Union, Fremont, Lake Union, Greenwood, Green Lake, Wallingford, University District, Shoreline, Lake City
- Upper King County
Serving Medicaid (ProviderOne - DSHS) Children and/or Adults
- King County denture services list
Providers serving low-income clients.
- Orthodontists providers in King County
- Pediatric dentists in King County
Pediatric dental providers serving Medicaid (ProviderOne) children only.
- Community Health Access Program (CHAP)
Providing a variety of free or low cost resources to King County residents.
Where to send applications and documents
Access & Outreach
Public Health - Seattle & King County
401 5th Ave., Suite 1000
Seattle, WA 98104
Or fax the application to 206-296-0881