What is maternity screening?
Maternity screening is an appointment with a nurse who is specially trained to:
- Help you find pregnancy care
- Help you enroll in the WIC Program (a supplemental food program for children and pregnant women)
- Answer your questions about medical coupons or other insurance
- Answer your questions about pregnancy
- Give you referrals to other resources like child care and rides to doctor appointments or childbirth classes
Your screening appointment:
- Takes about 1.5 hours
- Gets you started early with the care you need
- Is private and confidential
- Does not include a physical exam
- If you have a question about your pregnancy before your appointment, please call the clinic and a maternity screening nurse will help you
If you have an emergency (like bleeding or cramping) before your appointment, call the hospital emergency room nearest you.
Public Health Centers that offer maternity screening: