- About the Family Life and Sexual Health (FLASH) curricula
More information about this comprehensive sexual health education curriculum.
- Ordering FLASH
All grade levels of FLASH are available for purchase in hard copy. Additionally, High School FLASH users can purchase online access to FLASH. King County teachers can email FLASH@kingcounty.gov to request free access. Visit an outside site where all FLASH orders are placed.
- Training for teachers: How to setup FLASH for your school district
Training is not required to use FLASH, however training improves comfort, confidence and effectiveness in delivering the curricula. Learn how to arrange professional development.
- FLASH user survey
If you currently use or plan to use FLASH, please take a few moments to answer a few questions about your interest in implementing this training to help us continue to improve the lesson plans.
- FLASH lesson plan edit history (PDF)
Is your FLASH curricula up-to-date? See what's changed recently to ensure you have the most updated lesson plans.
- Who is using FLASH in 2013? (PDF)
FLASH lessons were downloaded for free more than a quarter of a million times in 2012, in some cases to teach and in others just to preview or to use at home.
- Receive email updates about lessons edits and other important FLASH news
- New subscribers: To sign up to receive updates about the FLASH curriculum, enter your contact info. If you wish to have both an email and wireless subscription, you'll need to sign up twice, once with your email and once with your wireless number.
- Current subscribers: To manage your preferences, enter your email, wireless number, or social media information.
- Parents and guardians
Family intro letter and High school family homework available in:
- Arabic / العربية
- Chinese / 中文
- Russian / Русский
- Spanish / Español
- Vietnamese / Tiếng Việt
Links for class projects and safe, reliable community resources.
- Teachers, administrators, and other education professionals
Key concepts, answering student questions, guidelines, films, model policies and procedures, and links for more information.