New Potato Leek Soup
(makes 4 servings)
- 1 lb. new potatoes, halved
- 3 small leeks, trimmed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 3/4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- small handful of cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Halve the leeks lengthwise and then cut across into thin slices.
- Melt butter into a saucepan. Add the potatoes, mustard seeds, onion, garlic, white wine and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, water and nutmeg and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add leeks and cilantro and simmer for 5 minutes.
|TEXT VERSION OF NUTRITION FACTS:|
Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe (471 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
||Amount per serving|
|Calories from fat