(makes 4 servings)
- 2 cups dry lentils
- 4 cups water
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 15oz. can tomatoes, crushed or chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, or 1/2 tablespoon dried flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Wash the lentils by rinsing them under running water.
- Put water in a large saucepan. Add the lentils, bring to boil, then reduce to simmer and cover the pan. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in carrots, tomatoes, onion, garlic and seasonings.
- Cover and cook another 15 minutes or until lentils are tender.
|TEXT VERSION OF NUTRITION FACTS:|
Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
||Amount per serving|
|Calories from fat