Beef and Broccoli Noodle Soup
(makes 6 servings)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 8 ounces lean beef, trimmed of excess fat
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 3-3/4 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 5 baby corns, chopped
- 1 leek, sliced (white part only) or 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine garlic, green onions, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Slice beef into thin strips* then add to soy sauce mixture and stir until well-coated. Cover then marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour.
*Cook's Tip: Wrap beef in plastic wrap then place in a freezer for about 1/2 hour to partially freeze to make it easier to slice.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions.
- Place beef broth in a large saucepan then bring to a boil. Add the beef with the marinade, the baby corns, leek, and broccoli. Cover then lower heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in noodles and chili powder, cover and simmer for an additional 3 minutes then serve.
|TEXT VERSION OF NUTRITION FACTS:|
Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe (401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
||Amount per serving|
|Calories from fat