Acorn Squash Cookies
(makes 24 cookies)
Reprinted with permission by: © 2004 Connie Evers
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup mashed, cooked acorn squash
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- Lowfat cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Cream sugar and margarine at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add mashed squash and egg; beat well.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Then add dry ingredients to the squash mixture, mixing well.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350º for 15-18 minutes. Makes 20-25 cake-like cookies.
|TEXT VERSION OF NUTRITION FACTS:|
Serving Size: 1 cookie (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
||Amount per serving|
|Calories from fat