Pineapple-Soy Glazed Chicken Wings
(makes 28-30 wings)
- Nonfat cooking spray
- 3 pounds frozen chicken drummettes (28-30 count)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- Preheat oven to 400º. Spray a baking pan with nonfat cooking spray. Spread wings in pan then bake for 50 minutes or until skins are crispy.
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, corn starch, ginger, and red pepper flakes and heat over medium heat. Stir in the pineapple juice, broth, soy sauce and bell pepper then stir until combined. Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Using a pastry brush, brush wings with the glaze on all sides then continue to bake for another 10 minutes. Place wings in a serving tray with the remaining glaze in a small serving bowl as extra dip.
|TEXT VERSION OF NUTRITION FACTS:|
Serving Size: 1 drummette (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
||Amount per serving|
|Calories from fat