Post Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) information
The following steps are to be completed by the Site Coordinator:
- Determine a plan to report the use of a Public Access Defibrillator to King County Emergency Medical Services.
- Contact the manufacturer for new pads and/or any problems with the device.
Steps to be completed by the Community CPR-AED Coordinator:
- Determine a plan for obtaining the event documentation module of the AED when used.
- Restore AED to service using the manufacturer's directions.
- Determine a mechanism to evaluate the event.
- Provide post-event psychological support to any rescuers, family members or co-workers. These resources will be available upon request from King County EMS.
The Chain of Survival