- Complete list of Wastewater Program fees
- Document pricelist
- Onsite sewage system financing or grants
- Issuance of installation and repair permits for septic systems
- Review of the following:
- Site application review
- Review of repair proposals for failing septic systems
- Boundary line adjustment review
- Short plat and subdivision review
- Building permit review (remodel project review)
- Operation/Performance Monitoring Reports
- Installation inspections of new, modified or repaired septic systems
- Sewage complaint investigations relating to septic systems
- Homeowner education
- Operational checks of existing septic systems for sale or refinance
- Certification program for all septic system Pumpers, Installers and Onsite System Maintainers
- Sanitarian of the Day (SOD)
- Spring Beach, Vashon Island
Spring Beach has about 12 properties, mostly of seasonal occupancy, all of which discharge sewage directly to Puget Sound without any treatment. Contamination from the discharge directly affects public beaches and marine waters used by citizens of the island. This page addresses Public Health's role based on a state grant to assist Spring Beach residents with these issues.
- Vashon-Maury Island Marine Recovery Area
A Marine Recovery Area is a specific designation under state law that establishes the goal of protecting, preserving and restoring shellfish harvest opportunities by assuring that property owners within the Marine Recovery Area inspect, and repair or replace as necessary, their On-Site Sewage (OSS) system.
Public Health Seattle and King County is undertaking a public process to update its Onsite Sewage Systems (OSS) Management Plan. The last Plan was completed in 2007 and is outdated. The Plan needs to be updated to incorporate new information, highlight current problems, confront new critical issues and address all OSS throughout King County. See details.
NOTE: All septic systems must be inspected at the time of sale. Forms available on the following webpages:
Brochures to download and print:
Order free brochures at 206-477-8050 or toll-free, 800-325-6165 ext. 6-4932 for the following:
- For homeowners
Including condos, duplexes and mobile homes.
- For real estate professionals
Information for your clients who are selling or buying homes or businesses with an on-site septic system.
- For non-residential buildings
Including food establishments, businesses, schools, churches, etc.
The Environmental Protection Agency's SepticSmart campaign aims to raise awareness of the importance of properly maintaining septic systems. Download the following brochures for more information: