|NOTICE: In order to serve you better, our Customer Service Admin Team will be out at training on Wednesday, October 26th. We will be open for business in the morning at our usual time until 11:30 am and re-open on Thursday, Oct. 27th at our usual times listed below. Thank you for understanding.
Eastgate Environmental Health Services
14350 SE Eastgate Way
Bellevue, WA 98007
Office and phone hours:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Thursdays: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Monday - Friday phones are answered until 4:00 pm
Call our "Sanitarian of the Day" (SOD) for technical and general questions at 206-477-8177
The SOD available Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8:00 am - 10:00 am only.
The Public Health Wastewater Program helps to ensure that over 85,000 septic systems including 192 septic systems in Seattle are safe. Septic systems treat wastewater when homes and buildings are not connected to public sewer systems.The Wastewater Program provides educational, advisory and permitting services for owners of septic systems and certifications for several septic professionals.
- Complete list of Wastewater Program fees
- Document pricelist
- On-site sewage system loans or grants
- Issuance of installation and repair permits for septic systems
- Review of the following:
- Site application review
- Review of repair proposals for failing septic systems
- Boundary line adjustment review
- Short plat and subdivision review
- Building permit review (remodel project review)
- Operation/Performance Monitoring Reports
- Installation inspections of new, modified or repaired septic systems
- Sewage complaint investigations relating to septic systems
- Homeowner education
- Operational checks of existing septic systems for sale or refinance
- Certification program for all septic system Pumpers, Installers and Onsite System Maintainers
- Sanitarian of the Day (SOD)
- Spring Beach, Vashon Island
Spring Beach has about 12 properties, mostly of seasonal occupancy, all of which discharge sewage directly to Puget Sound without any treatment. Contamination from the discharge directly affects public beaches and marine waters used by citizens of the island. This page addresses Public Health's role based on a state grant to assist Spring Beach residents with these issues.
- Vashon-Maury Island Marine Recovery Area
A Marine Recovery Area is a specific designation under state law that establishes the goal of protecting, preserving and restoring shellfish harvest opportunities by assuring that property owners within the Marine Recovery Area inspect, and repair or replace as necessary, their On-Site Sewage (OSS) system.
Public Health Seattle and King County is undertaking a public process to update its Onsite Sewage Systems (OSS) Management Plan. The last Plan was completed in 2007 and is outdated. The Plan needs to be updated to incorporate new information, highlight current problems, confront new critical issues and address all OSS throughout King County. See details.
NOTE: All septic systems must be inspected at the time of sale. Forms available on the following webpages:
Brochures to download and print:
Order free brochures at 206-477-8050 or toll-free, 800-325-6165 ext. 6-4932 for the following:
- For homeowners
Including condos, duplexes and mobile homes.
- For real estate professionals
Information for your clients who are selling or buying homes or businesses with an on-site septic system.
- For non-residential buildings
Including food establishments, businesses, schools, churches, etc.
The Environmental Protection Agency's SepticSmart campaign aims to raise awareness of the importance of properly maintaining septic systems. Download the following brochures for more information: