skip to main content

Behavioral Health and Recovery Services

Department of Community and Human Services

Behavioral Health and Recovery Division
Chinook Building
401 Fifth Ave., Suite 400
Seattle, WA 98104

Jim Vollendroff, Dir.
e-mail us
Phone:  206-263-9000
Fax:   206-296-0583
TTY:   711 Relay Service

Employee Directory

Department: Community and Human Services
Adrienne Quinn, Director

Public Assistance

A Guide to Accessing Services

Local Community Services Offices (CSO) provide many DSHS services. Your local CSO can provide you with details about these services and how to apply for them. The DSHS web-site can also help you to:

DSHS Client Eligibility A-Z

Do I qualify?

Does your family need help with food, cash assistance, child care, medical benefits or long-term care?

You can use the DSHS on-line Do I qualify? calculator to see if you would be eligible

Where do I get treatment services if I do not qualify for public assistance?

If you do not meet the requirements for public assistance, you may still be able to receive treatment.

Many of the substance abuse treatment programs offer sliding fee scales or may allow you to make payments. Contact the treatment program.

Some employers have employee assistance plans to also include substance abuse treatment. Ask your employee assistance program.

If you have insurance, your insurance may offer partial coverage. Ask your insurance company.