Welcome to King County Substance Use Disorder Services
We are committed to providing quality substance use disorder (SUD) services for you and your family. Our mission is to foster and support an effective system of prevention, intervention, treatment and recovery support.
Our core values include:
- Equitable access
- Culturally and ethnically competent care
- Services based on scientific research and nationally recognized standards
- Strength-based and asset-based services for children, youth and families
- Partnership with allied community services to ensure quality services, supports and outcomes
- Accountability to those who are served in the system of care as well as the public at large.
On our new and improved web site you will find information about SUD prevention, intervention, treatment and aftercare services, as well as how to access SUD services provided by community based providers contracted with King County.
For more specific information about the King County publicly funded SUD system, go to About Us. For SUD services continuum of care, go to Services.
King County SUD Services, along with Mental Health Services, are managed by the Mental Health, Chemical Abuse and Dependency Services Division, one of four divisions in the King County Department of Community and Human Services.