Section 8 Available in King County
The Housing Access and Services Program (HASP) is a King County Housing Authority program that helps people with disabilities access Section 8 Vouchers. A Section 8 Voucher allows a person to pay 30 percent of his or her income towards rent and utilities. The King County Housing Authority pays the difference between 30 percent of the tenant’s income and a housing payment standard established by the Department of Housing and Urban Development. To be referred into the HASP program, the applicant must be prepared to be successful at independent or semi-independent living.
To be eligible for the HASP program, the applicant must:
- be eligible for services through DSHS/DDD
- be an adult with a disability
- have a support system available. This support system may include case management, family, friends, or paid support providers.
- meet one of the following federal preference:
- rent burdened: applicant pays more than 50 percent of his or her gross monthly income towards rent and utilities for at least 90 days
- involuntarily displaced
- living in substandard housing or homeless
For more information about King County Housing Authority’s HASP program contact your DSHS/DDD Case Manager or Interim, KCDDD Interim Housing Coordinator, Katherine Festa at 206-263-9053.