Contracting opportunities program
To create opportunities for King County and its contractors to make use of SCS firms on county contracts and increase the competitiveness of these firms as:
- Prime Contractors and Subcontractors;
- Consultants; and
The program will apply to county contracts for:
- Goods & Services;
- Consulting Services; and
Increases the competitiveness of Small Contractors and Suppliers or proposing on King County contracts.
- Goods & Services. Incentive: 5% Fair Market Range to rank SCS for evaluation purposes;
- Consulting. Incentive: Award of Points for the use of SCS firms;
- Construction: Participation requirements for SCS firms.
All SCS Company Names and Profiles are placed in an online directory. Link: http://www.kingcounty.gov/scsdirectory
- Personal net worth less than $750K
- 50% of the SBA business size standards
- Agreement to participate in technical assistance/business development
The Contracting Opportunities Program is a small business development program that requires all participants to complete 15 hours of business training during the first year of enrollment.
Types of training include, but are not limited to:
- Vendor training
- Continuing education courses
- Online business courses
- Business seminars / Workshops
- University / Technical Institution classes
- Business or outreach forums