Kent-Auburn Conveyance System Improvements Project (Phase B)
Sewer pipeline work in Pacific, Algona and Auburn
The Kent-Auburn Conveyance System Improvements Project will expand the capacity of King County’s wastewater conveyance system in the southern service area. The project is divided into two phases; Phase A work was completed in 2014
- Phase B will include new sewer lines, a replacement sewer line in Pacific, Algona and Auburn, and modifications to the Pacific Pump Station discharge piping in Pacific.
Construction is expected to begin in late 2016 and last for two years. The proposed sewer line alignment for Phase B includes:
- City of Pacific: along Frontage Road North/Seattle Boulevard North from the Pacific Pump Station to 5th Avenue South.
- City of Algona: along Seattle Boulevard South from 5th Avenue South to 1st Avenue North and along private properties adjacent to the railroad and Interurban Trail; along the eastern edge of the Puget Sound Energy corridor; across the Union Pacific Railway corridor.
- City of Auburn: along Perimeter Road to 15th Street Southwest; along private properties parallel to the railroad and Interurban Trail to West Main Street and the then one block west to the corner of West Main Street and Clay Street Northwest, where this section of the pipeline ends.
As more details of the project design are known, including the alignment and construction methods, the County will provide more information on this web site and share this with the community.
Spring – Summer 2016: Auburn West Main Street pipeline work
Early 2017: Remaining Phase B construction begins in Pacific, Algona and Auburn
Early 2019: Construction ends
Being a good neighbor
King County is committed to working with the community throughout the project to minimize construction impacts whenever possible. Residents can expect:
- Advance notice of construction activities by mail, email, phone, notices
- One-on-one problem solving with residents directly impacted by construction activities
- Project website to provide information and construction updates
- Project information line available during construction