Murray CSO control project
You will need a PDF viewer to open and view documents linked off this page.
Note: view meeting calendar for additional project handouts and presentations.
- Facility building and street work will continue in 2016, December 22, 2015
- Work begins on Murray CSO facility building, October 7, 2015
- Crews working Saturday, Aug. 22; Pump station connection work underway, August 21, 2015
- Bike Safe on Beach Drive! August 10, 2015
- Utility work in Beach Drive S.W. begins in early August - expect lane closures
and delays, August 3, 2015
- Emergency repair work at Murray CSO Control project site July 18-19, July 17, 2015
- New water pipe to be installed under Beach Drive S.W. in early July, June 30, 2015
- Road work begins Monday, June 15. Expect parking restrictions, traffic delays, June 11, 2015
- Beach Drive S.W. parking restrictions and traffic delays start Friday, May 15, 2015
- Crews finish tank floor and outer wall, begin constructing inner walls, April 3, 2015
- Smaller weekly concrete pours to begin in February, January 30, 2015
- Maintenance work scheduled for Saturday, January 17, January 16, 2015
- What to expect during concrete pours, Winter 2015
- Winter 2015 project newsletter, January 2015
- Closer to a clean Puget Sound for Lowman Beach Park and you
- Murray CSO project on target for 2016 completion
- Looking back at a year of progress
- What's happening in 2015
- Smaller concrete pours to begin January 5, December 29, 2014
- Smaller concrete pours begin Dec. 30, Saturday work planned, December 23, 2014
- Saturday work, smaller concrete pours through the end of December; No work on holidays, December 12, 2014
- Concrete pours start Dec. 5. Expect parking restrictions, traffic delays, December 4, 2014
- Excavation complete! Crews prepare to pour tank base, November 17, 2014
- No parking, traffic delays on Beach Drive S.W. on Monday, Oct. 27, October 23, 2014
- Night work planned for Friday, October 10, October 9, 2014
- Saturday work begins October 4, October 1, 2014
- Storage tank excavation begins Thursday, September 18, September 17, 2014
- Crews finish storage tank outer wall, begin preparing site for excavation, August 14, 2014
- Maintenance/repair work at Murray CSO Control project site scheduled for Saturday, July 12, July 8, 2014
- Secant pile installation continues, site activity increases, May 29, 2014
- Crews to begin building storage tank wall during week of May 19, May 16, 2014
- Contractor finishes soil nail wall, getting ready to begin shoring, April 28, 2014
- Soil nail wall testing, installation begins week of March 17, March 14, 2014
- Crews continue removing foundations, standby generator at Murray Pump Station on Feb. 4, January 31, 2014
- Crews continue survey work, begin clearing the project site during the week of January 27, January 22, 2014
- Fall 2013 project newsletter, November 2013
- Construction starts soon! Do you have the information you need?
- Construction schedule
- How will the facility be built?
- What to expect
- How will the facility fit into the neighborhood?
- Building deconstruction complete! Project site now ready for construction, October 4, 2013
- Building deconstruction begins in August at Murray CSO Control Project site, July 29, 2013
- Spring 2013 project newsletter, April 2013
- Coming to your neighborhood: a cleaner Puget Sound
- Creating a community asset
- Coming up next...
- 2013 project schedule
- Meet the facility that will bring a cleaner Puget Sound to your community, June 2012
- Geotechnical assessments begin October 17, 2011, Oct. 10, 2011
- Preliminary Survey Work, Sept. 16, 2011
- A State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) Determination of Nonsignificance (DNS) was issued on April 28, 2011 for this project. View the SEPA DNS and environmental checklist (PDF).
Back to top of page.
- Oct. 29, 2014 -- Lowman Beach reopened following storm-related wastewater overflows
- Oct. 9, 2014 -- Overnight sewer utility work scheduled at Lowman Beach Park on Oct. 10
- Nov. 9, 2011 -- Murray CSO project open house to focus on visible facility design concepts, Nov. 14
- Oct. 20, 2011 -- King County hosts design workshop for West Seattle sewer improvement project, Oct. 29
- Oct. 13, 2011 -- Learn about design, activity schedule at Murray CSO project meeting, Oct. 20
- April 28, 2011 -- Proposed combined sewer overflow projects pose no significant environmental impacts; Environmental Impact Statement not needed; public comment period to run from April 28 through May 16
- Dec. 8, 2010 -- County identifies alternatives to control combined sewer overflows in West Seattle
- More WTD news releases
Alternatives Selection Phase (2007 to 2010) documentation
Back to top of page.