North Creek Interceptor Project
Vicinity Map for North Creek Interceptor Project
King County is completing design of the NCI Project, which includes replacement of a main wastewater conveyance pipeline which serves parts of Bothell and unincorporated Snohomish County.
The project includes construction of approximately 10,000 feet of new sewer line, along with connecting this new line to previously constructed pipe. This new pipeline ranges from 30 to 48 inches in diameter. Construction will take place in both the City of Bothell and unincorporated Snohomish County. The project team will work closely with project neighbors to keep people informed about activities and schedule, and to address questions and concerns about construction activities.
Construction will take place at different locations in both the City of Bothell and in unincorporated Snohomish County.
Need for project
This pipeline is an integral part of the regional wastewater system that carries flows from local jurisdictions to King County’s treatment plants. Upgrades are necessary to provide additional capacity for home and businesses and to ensure safe and reliable operations for the future.
Summary of project schedule
The project is now in final design and is scheduled for construction starting in late 2014.
- Environmental review will be completed in Spring 2013
- Final Design and permitting: through late 2013
- Advertise construction contract: 2014
- Expected duration of construction: 2014-2016
Being a good neighbor
King County is committed to being a good neighbor and will work directly with the community throughout the project to minimize construction impacts whenever possible. Residents can expect:
- Advance notice of construction activities – mail, email, phone, door hangers
- One-on-one problem solving with residents directly impacted by construction activities
- Project website and construction updates
- 24-hour project construction information line