West Point Treatment Plant
West Point, located next to Discovery Park in Seattle, is part of King County’s regional wastewater treatment system. West Point treats wastewater from homes and businesses in Seattle, Shoreline, north Lake Washington, north King County and parts of south Snohomish County. Seattle’s combined stormwater/wastewater sewer system also flows into West Point.
Approximately 90 million gallons a day of wastewater is treated at this facility during the dry months. During the rain/storm season, West Point provides secondary treatment for flows up to 300 million gallons a day (mgd) and provides primary treatment and disinfection for flows exceeding 300 mgd and up to 440 mgd.
Newsletters | NPDES permit
View more photos (external link, Flickr).
- Fall 2016 (PDF, 2MB)
- West Point Treatment Plant 50th Celebration
- Road Access Repair & Biogas Flare Replacement
- New Hours for Loop Biosolids Trucks
- New Parking Enforcement at West Point/Discovery Park
- Upgrade to Water Reservoirs near the Loop Trail
- Fall 2015 (PDF, 2MB)
- Spring 2014(PDF, 1MB)
- Summer 2013 (PDF, 800KB)
- Summer 2012 (PDF, 2MB)
- Spring 2011 (PDF, 735KB)