Asparagus and radish saladServes 4
A zesty lemon-mustard vinaigrette adds the perfect punch to crisp asparagus, and a sprinkling of sesame seeds makes for a very pretty plate.
Submitted from Dept. of Executive Services
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed of tough ends and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup radish, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp vinegar, white wine
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- black pepper to taste
- Partially cook asparagus in boiling water in large saucepan for about 5 minutes until bright green.
- Drain and immediately plunge into ice water in large bowl to stop the cooking process. Let stand for about 10 minutes until cold. Drain well. Transfer to medium bowl.
- Add radish and sesame seeds.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well
- Drizze over salad and gently toss to coat