Warning – Quitting tobacco will put money in your wallet
You know what happens when you use tobacco. But, what about when you quit? Quitting tobacco not only improves our health; it will save money. And with help from the Quit for Life Program, you’ll get an expert Quit Coach to help you over the phone with a plan customized to your needs -- all at no cost to you. Register now for this program which the county makes free for employees and their families, or go online to learn more.
King County employee resources:
- Free customized support - Quit For Life. Provided by King County for employees and their family members over 18, this program provides a customized plan to help you quit tobacco. Quit For Life is the Nation's most successful tobacco cessation program and is confidential. Receive free nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) mailed directly to your home. Call 1-866-Quit-4-Life (1-866-784-8454) to register.
- Reimbursement for the patch and other nicotine replacement treatment – Both KingCareSM and Group Health offer free or reimbursed over-the-counter drugs such as the patch, gum etc. Go to the Health Matters Quit Tobacco site or call 206-684-1556 for details.
- See your doctor - Group Health and Aetna/KingCareSM members may schedule a visit with their doctor for tobacco cessation help including developing a quit plan and discussing available pharmacological and over-the- counter medications. Your provider can help you determine which quit methods are right for you. Your KingCareSM visit is covered at 100%. Group Health copays apply.
- Washington State Quit Line – 1-800-QUIT-NOW or online at www.quitline.com. The Quit Line provided telephone coaching and an internet-based quit tool. It's free to anyone living in Washington state.
- Public Health - Seattle & King County – call 206-296-7613 for information on community resources and other tools to help you quit.
- American Lung Association - Free online support through Freedom from Smoking. Freedom from Smoking community support groups (7-week sessions) are open to everyone. Find a session near you through the website.
- American Cancer Society – 800-ACS-2345 or online at www.cancer.org.