Expect Healthy IncentivesSM family color letter after mid-July
After mid-July, look for a Healthy IncentivesSM letter from WebMD telling you whether your family will be covered at the gold, silver or bronze level for your 2013 medical out-of-pocket expenses. If you don’t receive your letter before the end of July, please call WebMD at 1-866-584-6813 to request that another one be mailed to you.
Your family color level will be based on your participation and that of a covered spouse or domestic partner in this year’s Healthy IncentivesSM program. If you do not cover a spouse or domestic partner, your family color level will be based only on your participation.
- If you and a covered spouse or domestic partner completed the wellness assessment by Feb. 12 and completed an individual action plan by June 29, your family color level will be gold, which is the lowest out-of-pocket expense level.
- If both of you completed the wellness assessment by Feb. 12 but one or both of you did not complete an individual action plan by June 29, your family color level will be silver, which is the middle out-of-pocket expense level.
- If one or both of you did not complete the wellness assessment by June 29, your family color level will be bronze, which is the highest out-of-pocket expense level.
If you feel your WebMD letter inaccurately states your color level, you may appeal by following a two-step process:
- You must appeal first to WebMD by calling 1-866-584-6813 no later than Aug. 15. If WebMD grants your appeal, you will receive a confirmation letter and do not need to go to step 2.
- If WebMD denies your appeal, WebMD will send you a denial letter and a 2012 Healthy IncentivesSM Appeal Request Form. Submit your completed appeal request form to Benefits, Payroll and Retirement Operations no later than Sept. 14. Your appeal will not be considered until after WebMD has made a decision on your appeal.
To support your appeal, provide as much information and documentation as you can. You may submit your appeal request form in person or send it by:
- Fax to 206-296-7700
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Mail to:
King County Benefits, Payroll and Retirement Operations
The Chinook Building, CNK-ES-0240
401 Fifth Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104
If you have questions about the appeal process, contact Benefits, Payroll and Retirement Operations at 206-684-1556 or email@example.com.