50 Simple Ways To Reduce Stress at Home and at Work –
Your stress relief valentine
1. Touch, hug someone, hold hands, stroke a pet, make non-sexual physical contact with someone close to you, brush your hair.
2. Breathe, when you feel tense, take 10 slow, deep breaths in through your nose, out through your mouth.
3. Communicate, be honest with your Self and others. Ask for what you want. Express your true feelings when they occur.
4. Drink at least eight, 8 oz. glasses of good water a day. This flushes toxins out of our body.
5. See the humor in life. Laugh at yourself and life. Have fun and "play" in your life.
6. Meditation 15 minutes a day. Take time to relax, sit, breathe deeply, quiet your mind.
7. Be Human. Be kind to yourself. Forgive yourself and others. Slow down and enjoy being alive.
8. Communicate with friends. Spend time with each other. Share the good stuff.
9. Hug three people each day.
10. Quit worrying about the Future. Concentrate on what you can do NOW.
11. Make a TO DO list of your agreements for each month. Schedule both play time and free time, and SO THEM.
12. Write it down. Make notes to yourself. Make a list. Write special dates down on your calendar.
13. Allow yourself to say "NO". Make clear boundaries. Don't over commit yourself. Put yourself first; say YES to you.
14. Clean it up. Recycle old junk and papers. Clean your physical and mental house of old garbage.
15. Wear comfortable, clean clothes, that make you feel good about yourself.
16. Avoid doing anything to excess, keep things balanced.
18. Express and receive love as often as possible to yourself and others.
19. You always have choices in life. Re-Order your priorities. If you are not happy, choose something new.
20. Express your anger to the person involved the moment it's experienced.
21. Be honest with yourself concerning your fears. Ask for more information or assistance.
22. Crying is nature's way of releasing -- releasing stress, or expressing joy.
23. Change is constant. You can choose to change your choice anytime you want.
24. Trust your Self, and value your needs and choices. Follow your own intuition.
25. Live in the moment. Stop fantasizing about "What If ". Choose from what IS available, Now.
26. Feel good about yourself and your choices in life. Value what you Believe in. Walk your Talk.
27. Forgive yourself and others. Withholding Love does not nurture relationships.
28. When you do not love yourself first, you cannot be satisfied by loving and doing for others.
29. Make a commitment to expand your Mental, Emotional, and Physical well-being.
30. Your most valuable and limited resource is your time. Value it, so others will.
31. Obtain a written job description from your boss. Make any changes needed to keep your agreements.
32. Take pride in your work. You only get One First Impression!
33. Be responsible for your work. Do your best with every opportunity.
34. Only do your job. Do not get conned into permanently assuming another person's job responsibilities.
35. Do not play office politics. Be open and above board in all your relationships. Honor your Integrity.
36. Do not listen to, encourage, or spread gossip. It damages your credibility and others.
37. Talk with your co-workers about how to work together to solve problems.
38. Don't be a "fix it " person for other people's problems.
39. When you have a problem, go to the person who can solve that specific problem. Ask questions.
40. Ask questions. When you are not sure, or don't know, get information before taking action.
41. Contribute Become a solution provider for problems, not just a problem discoverer.
42. Leave work. When you go home, Go Home! Work can be a part of your life, not your whole life.
43. Put your family, career, and Self in perspective; know which is most important and nourish it.
44. Value your emotions. Feel your feelings. Allow yourself to express them appropriately as they occur.
45. Express your anger directly with clarity. Indirect or covert anger only prolongs distress and distrust.
46. When asked, always tell the whole truth to yourself and to others.
47. Respect your own ideas, and have respect for other people's feelings, ideas, and choices.
48. Exercise, walk, stretch, move about. Staying physically fit keeps you mentally fit, emotionally calm, and at peace.
49. Eat healthy foods and chew well. Don't eat just because you are bored, unhappy, or angry.
50. Experience and express joy at being alive, at having choices, and at the opportunity to explore loving relationships.