Healthy Incentives Grand Slam!
May 18 – July 15
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to King County Employees, 21 years of age or older at time of entry
2. CONTEST SCHEDULE: the contest happens in two rounds per the following schedule:
League Championship Round: May 18 - June 17
World Series Round: 7 am June 18 – 4 pm July 16
Grand Slam Winner Announced: Noon, July 17
Toss out the first Pitch: July 27
3. LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND:
a. All King County Employees are eligible to compete in the League Championship Round.
b. No registration is required.
c. A total of 11 canisters are hidden.
d. Any canister is not found by June 17, 2012 at 11:59pm, will be eliminated.
e. Clues are released at random times via Healthy IncentivesSM Facebook, twitter, Wordpress Blog pages, and also via text message.
f. When an employee finds a canister they must follow the instructions given inside to verify that they have found the position.
g. Once verification is complete, finder may claim their prize.
h. Claiming the prize:
1. Winners select their prize from the “prize list”.
2. Once a prize is selected, it is removed from the “prize list”.
Prize List: Once you have verified that you have found a canister, you will select your prize from this list:
iPod Nano (1 available)
- Behind the scenes tour of the King County medic program, including a visit to a 911 center, visit and tour of a medic unit response quarters and coffee with a crew. (1 available)
12, one gallon pots of native plants (Sword fern, snowberry, thimbleberry, cascara, red elderberry, red twig dogwood and Indian plum) and 3 bags of GroCo compost. - (2 available)
King County Airport tour and a 20 minute sightseeing flight over downtown Seattle and Elliott Bay. (special waiver required for airplane ride). (1 Available)
Gift certificate for a pet adoption, OR if the recipient decides against adoption, the value could be used as a donation to the Benefit Bequest Fund for the animals. (1 available)
Sonicare Toothbrush - (2 available)
One night yurt rental at King County Tolt Macdonald Park (1 available)
Two tickets to the July 27 M's game plus two bobble head dolls. (2 available)
Screen Test. The winner will be provided a KCTV studio tour, television makeup session, be placed in front of a camera and can read a script of their choice from the teleprompter. Will receive a DVD of their moment in the spotlight. (1 available)
i. Once a person has found a canister, they are no longer eligible to win more League Championship Round prizes.
j. Finding any one of the canisters makes the contestant eligible to enter the World Series Round of the contest.
k. If the employee who finds the canister wishes to transfer their entry for the World Series Round of the contest, they may transfer it to another King County Employee.
l. Contest participants and observers are asked to observe the county’s acceptable use of IT assets policies and participate on breaks or non-work hours.
4. WORLD SERIES ROUND:
a. Must have found and verified at least one canister.
b. Can recruit a team of up to 4 additional people to assist with the World Series prize entry. Team can include employees, spartners, and family members only.
c. Entry is described as: Tell a story using video, written word, song, poem, slide show, drawing, or other medium that can be uploaded and shared on Facebook and/or YouTube and/or Blog site. The required theme for the entry is “health”.
d. Maximum length of entry is three (3) minutes including any tags. For example, if your entry is a story, the story must be able to be read start to finish in 3 minutes.
e. The entry must be primarily in English.
f. Once you submit your entry, your submission is final and may not be modified or edited.
g. No submissions will be returned.
h. Neither King County nor any of the Contest Parties are liable for any disputes between collaborators related to a submission.
i. Any elements in submission, including without limitation music, audio, speech/voiceovers, stills, video, supers, or other audiovisual materials used must be 1) entirely original, created and performed by you, 2) in the public domain,
j. All submissions will be reviewed before being voted upon; however, publication of a submission does not mean the submission has been deemed to be in compliance with these rules. Submissions that do not comply with these Official Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited, inappropriate, or irrelevant content as determined by King County, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified and will not be considered for a prize.
7. SELECTION OF GRAND SLAM WINNER:
a. Selection will be exclusively by number of votes each entry receives via the medium it is submitted: Healthy Incentives Facebook page, Blog, and YouTube Channel or the total of each.
b. Votes will be counted at 4:00pm on Monday July 16, 2012.
c. A winner will be announced at noon Tuesday, July 17, 2012.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering this Contest or accepting any prize, entrants release and hold harmless King County, and its elected officials, employees, agents, and representatives from any and all claims, demands, losses and liabilities arising out of this Contest or use or misuse of the prize awarded hereunder. King County assumes no liability or responsibility for damages, losses or injury resulting from this Contest or the acceptance or use of any prize. All entrants further agree that in the event of any third party claims, damages, losses or injuries or death arising from or relating to this Contest, or the winner’s use of any prize. By accepting a prize, winner agrees that King County may use winner’s name, likeness, biographical information, voice, winning entry and statements attributed to winner, for publication and promotional purposes without additional consideration. Winner agrees to promptly sign such further releases or other documentation as King County may request to carry out the intent and purposes of these Official Rules.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by King County Parties resulting from any user's participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with participating in the Contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by King County for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Contest. King County is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Web Site. Use of Web Site is at user's own risk. Sponsor and the Contest Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Web Site or the download of any information from the Web Site. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant releases King County from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such Entrant's participation in the Contest. By accepting a prize in the Contest, Winners agree that King County shall not be liable for any loss or injury resulting from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize. King County not liable in the event that any portion of the Contest is cancelled.
10. PRIZES: All prizes awarded are at the discretion of King County. All federal, state and local taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of winner. Prize is not redeemable in cash and must be accepted as awarded. Prize is transferable. Prize allows no substitutions in cash or otherwise, Prize winners’ participation in any or all activities for the prize are voluntary. 11. Entrants will participate in Contest and on non-work time.