March 16, 2012
Key voter registration deadline on Monday
Mon., Mar. 19 is the deadline for citizens in these districts to register to vote online or by mail, or to update their voter registration for the Apr. 17 Special Election:
- Auburn Transportation Benefit District
- City of Enumclaw
- Issaquah School District No. 411
- Mercer Island School District No. 400
- Renton School District No. 403
- South King Fire and Rescue
“If your district is participating in the Special Election, your registration must be up-to-date in order to vote,” said King County Elections Director Sherril Huff. “It takes only a few minutes to check that your registration is current and it’s an important part of ensuring that you get your ballot in the mail.”
Register to vote
Who can register and vote
To register and vote, you must be:
- At least 18 years old by Election Day
- A citizen of the United States
- A legal resident of Washington State
- Not under the authority of the Department of Corrections
- Not disqualified from voting due to a court order
More information on voting eligibility is available on the Secretary of State’s website.
Confirm registration status
King County Elections makes it easy to check your voter registration if you have recently changed your name or moved residences. Use the King County Elections Voter Guide to confirm your registration information and view the measures on your ballot. Or, check your registration information by calling the voter hotline at 206-296-VOTE (8683).
Apr. 9 is the in-person voter registration deadline for first-time Washington voters.
Connect with King County Elections