Our SeaTac and Tukwila partners at a training event.
Three initial sites are paving the direction. What these communities learn will be shared across King County.
- Rainier Valley community partners are focusing on shared ownership models to prevent displacement of historic cultural communities and to increase economic security.
- White Center is anchoring multi-cultural businesses and partnerships in the community to prevent displacement of residents.
- SeaTac/Tukwila community partners have established the Food Innovation Network, focusing on expanding economic opportunities and promoting health, particularly through healthy food.
Communities of Opportunity partners are working to dismantle the persistent racial injustice within our policies and systems by:
- Building community capacity to carry out coordinated community development efforts.
- Integrating equity into policies at all levels: neighborhood, organizational, city, county, and state.
- Advocating for policies that support community priorities and needs.
- Expanding representation of cultural communities by stepping into leadership and political roles.