2014 State of the County
For the first time ever, a King County Executive delivered the annual State of the County Address in one of our unincorporated areas.
At a special meeting of the Metropolitan King County Council at White Center Heights Elementary School, Executive Constantine framed his policy agenda for meeting two of the "greatest generational challenges" of our time: building equity and opportunity, and confronting climate change.
Key themesClick on the icons below to learn more about King County's work in each area:
- Building equity and opportunity in King County (includes infographic)
- Confronting climate change in our region (includes infographic)
- Best-run government in America
Infographics [for viewing, sharing, and download]
Ways to experience the speech
- Full text of 2014 State of the County Address
- TWITTER: Read the entire speech ... in tweets!
- VIDEO: Watch the Executive's 2014 State of the County Address on YouTube
- PHOTOS: Official pictures from the speech (for media use)
Policy briefs [PDFs]
- Building shared and sustainable prosperity
- 2013 Equity and Social Justice Report
- Confronting climate change
- Closing the kindergarten gap
- Transforming health and human services
- Building vibrant communities
- Prosperity and economic development