2015 State of the County
On Monday, April 27, King County Executive Dow Constantine delivered the annual State of the County address at a special meeting of the Metropolitan King County Council.
Executive Constantine introduced Best Starts for Kids, an initiative to fund prevention and early intervention strategies based on the latest brain science.
Best Starts for Kids is the first strategy of its kind in the nation to create a unified approach to investment in a child's first five years, followed by interventions as needed on a child's journey to adulthood, along with support for safe, healthy communities that reinforce progress.
- NEWS: Executive proposes strategy to put every child in King County on path toward lifelong success
- READ: Full text of the 2015 State of the County address
- Best Starts for Kids website
- WATCH: Best Starts for Kids video CLIP
- Download the Best Starts for Kids infographic PDF
- Best Starts for Kids fact sheet PDF
- High-resolution photo of Executive Constantine (for media use) IMAGE
- WATCH: Full-length State of the County address (24:22) CLIP
- Read the entire State of the County speech ... in tweets