The Blue Ribbon Panel received information from the Sheriff's Office and other sources. The following links provide you with some of the information considered by the panel, as well as links to professional and/or research organizations.
Please note that many of these files are very large and will take time to download. These are PDF files, and the Acrobat Reader is required to view them.
- 1995 Study of KCSO Internal Investigations (688K)
- National Institute of Justice Report: Police Integrity (2,451K)
- Sheriff's Office Org. Chart (34K)
- Garrity Rights Summary (35K)
- Sheriff's Office IIU Process (37K)
- Report of the Independent Commission on the LA Police Department (2,508K)
- Review of National Police Oversight Models (1,088K)
- Research Paper: Civilian Oversight of the Police in the United States (73K)
The following are external links* to professional and/or research organizations.