Donate to RASKC
There are several ways to help care for our animals: volunteering, fostering a pet, bringing in a wish list item (pdf) or donating to any of the four general funds below -- your contribution makes it possible for RASKC to achieve milestones that provide a sustainable environment for our animals to be cared for while waiting for their forever home. To ensure your donation goes to the fund of your choice, make sure to clearly state your fund preference. Any undesignated donations are earmarked for the Benefit Bequest Fund (general fund).
1. What are the funds that I can donate to?
You can donate to any combination of the following four funds:
Benefit Bequest Fund
An overall donation account that may be used for any program, service or purchase that benefits the animals including, but not limited to, facility improvements, services for hard-to-place animals, or any of the services outlined in the Spay/Neuter, Help the Animals, or Animal Retention funds.
Donations may be used to pay or off-set the cost of spaying and neutering of pets, promote public awareness about the benefits and importance of spaying and neutering, or to purchase new spay and neuter equipment that may not otherwise be obtained.
Donations may be used to provide shelter and/or veterinary care for abused animals or pay for medical care associated with rehabilitating sick and injured animals through the shelter's Foster Care Program.
Animal Retention Fund
Donations may be used for such activities as developing public education videos, advertisements, classes or other programs that promote responsible pet ownership or provide tools for correcting animal behavior.
2. Where does my donation actually go?
Your donation is deposited into any combination of the four funds that you designated on the e-Donation website. The funds are accessed for programs or purchases that are within the parameters of the fund and are released upon the County Executive's request and appropriation approval by the King County Council.
3. What forms of payment do you accept?
Our e-Donation system accepts credit and debit cards from Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express.
4. Will I get an acknowledgement of my donation?
Yes. You will receive a confirmation email that acknowledges your donation that includes your name, date and time of the donation, the amount you donated into each of the funds and a transaction number for reference.
5. If I make a donation in honor of someone, will they receive an acknowledgement of the donation?
No, they will not. If you would like to notify them of your donation, we ask that you provide them with a copy of your email confirmation.
6. Is my donation tax deductible?
Regional Animal Services of King County is an agency within King County government, a tax exempt organization. While we are not a charitable organization per se, your donation may be tax deductible. Consult with your tax advisor.
7. What's the Web address for online donations?
Secure, protected online donations can be made by clicking on the donations buttons at the top of this page.
While great animals await their permanent homes, there are a few items they could really use to support their needs at the Pet Adoption Center. Toys or pet-related items on the right column of this page or in this wish list (PDF) would go a long way to ensure that adoptable pets have a more comfortable stay at the Pet Adoption Center.
- Bath towels
- Washcloths and hand towels
- Fleece blankets
- Rain ponchos (for our volunteers)
- Kuranda Dog Beds
- Kong dog toys
- 4" solid rubber balls
- Dog collars
- Dog leashes (example)
- Puppy formula
- Kitten formula
- Kitten milk replacement (KMR)
- Animal nursing bottles
- Easy-Walk harnesses
- Sandwich baggies for treats
- Dog crates and kennel cabs
- Exercise pens (for dog training)
- Plastic cat carriers (new or gently used)
- Grooming tools
- Oatmeal-based pet shampoo/conditioner
- Heating pads/lamps
- Topical flea treatment
- Digital cameras
- Cat toys
- Flashlights and headlamps (for our volunteers)
- Scratching posts
- Microwaveable warming discs (example: SnuggleSafe)
- Canned paté-type dog food (for stuffing into Kongs)
- Stretch and Scratch cat kennel comforter scratching boards
- Stock trailer (for horses or other large animals)
- Latex paint (any color)
- Paint rollers, paint pans, drop cloths
- H-frame steel stakes
- Duct tape
- Knee pads (for our volunteers)
- Old yard signs (like those used by real estate agents)