To help improve in-person service delivery, the Recorder's Office will accept phone calls from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. weekdays starting April 3. Outside these hours, please email email@example.com with questions.
About the Recorder's Office
Between 1854 and 1969, the King County Auditor maintained all documents submitted for public record. In 1969, the recording functions of the County Auditor were taken over by the newly formed Recorder's Office. Over the years, the method of recording documents has evolved from a system of manual transcription in ledger books to digitally scanning and indexing the documents presented for recording.
The services provided by the downtown Seattle Recorder’s Office includes the following:
- Public access for searching recorded documents from 1976-current
- Copies of recorded documents from 1991-current (also available at our Community Service Centers)
- Marriage licensing (also available at our Community Service Centers)
- Recording documents**
- Real Estate Excise Tax**
- Registered Land (Torrens)**
- Surveys, Plats, and Condos**
Thank you for visiting our website and we look forward to serving you.
**Recording services end 3:30pm