The Records and Licensing Services (RALS) Division is charged with:
- Recording and making accessible real property and other documents for members of the public, businesses, and other governmental agencies;
- Collecting and dispersing real estate excise tax payments on the conveyance of real property in King County;
- Providing licensing and information services and promoting public safety by administering and enforcing licensing and taxi regulations;
- Providing internal mail services and physical and electronic records management services to all county agencies.
- Providing animal care and control services for the protection of property, human health and safety; and promoting responsible pet ownership and animal welfare through education and licensing programs through public and private sector partnerships.