"Fire-safety" burn bans
- imposed by KC Fire Marshal for unincorporated KC--fire danger is at critical level.
- for cities within an incorporated city or town; call your local fire department.
"Air-quality" burn bans are
- imposed by Puget Sound Clean Air Agency when air pollution is at unhealthy level.
Safety Burn Ban Status: ON
Recreational fires must
- be built in a metal or concrete fire pit
- not grow larger than 3-feet around
- be set in a clear spot free from vegetation for at least 10-feet in width
- be at least 25-feet from any structure
- allow 20-foot high clearance from overhanging branches
- be watched at all times by an alert person with equipment capable of putting the fire out
- gas and propane stoves and barbeques are allowed under the ban
- Burning in KC requires a burn permit from your local fire district.
- The KC Fire Marshal does NOT issue burn permits.
- Non-emergency contact information for local fire districts
- Burn permits are NOT issued while& a fire-safety burn ban is in effect.
- Call KC Natural Resources at 1-800-323-BURN for information.