Community Health Access Program (CHAP)
CHAP is a telephone assistance program serving King County residents by connecting them to health insurance, health care services and other resources. CHAP services are free and confidential. Call us today for help at 1-800-756-5437 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our vision: Equal access to health care regardless of income, ethnicity, language and immigration status.
What we do:
- Ensure that the most vulnerable populations in King County have access to health care.
- Encourage community partners to be involved in this effort and provide coordination and technical assistance.
- Provide education and training to community partners and families.
- Ensure our partners have current information and materials needed to assist their constituencies, and
- Provide advocacy and problem solving on health care access issues on a community and individual basis.
Why use CHAP:
If you need help finding affordable:
- Health care or insurance
- Health screening services
- Doctors, dentists, midwives or nurses
- Medical and dental clinics with sliding fees
- Support services & pregnancy tests
- Prenatal care
If you have questions about:
- Apple Health for Kids (Insurance for children 18 and under)
- Medicaid (Healthy Options)
- Take Charge Family Planning
- First Steps
- Child development:
- Information on screenings for child development
- Family Resources Coordination for children under the age of three (3) with special needs; nutrition and counseling programs.
- Maternity support services
- Breast, Cervical, Colon Health Programs
- Basic Food Program
- Women Infant and Children (WIC) Program
- Energy assistance resources