Family planning clinics and sexuality health education resources
Birth control, STD clinics, FLASH curricula for schools and practical guidelines for health providers
Women and men regardless of age, sexual orientation, or ability to pay are welcome at Public Health Family Planning clinics. Our fees are on a sliding scale basis, which means our fees are based on a client's income, and may be reduced to zero. No one is turned away because they cannot afford to pay. We also accept medical coupons and Take Charge, a state program that can pay for some or all of your birth control services. Our clinics can help you find out if you qualify. Our friendly and expert medical staff provides confidential medical services to all.
- Auburn Public Health Center
- Eastgate Public Health Center
- Federal Way Public Health Center
- Kent Public Health Center
- STD Clinic at Harborview Medical Center
- Teen Health Clinics
- Community Service Offices (CSO)
Services for women:
- Birth control methods
- Pregnancy testing
- HIV/STD testing and treatment
- Physical exams for women
- Emergency contraception (birth control for after sex)
Contact one of the clinics to get an appointment right away. If it is after hours or during the weekend, please visit www.not-2-late.com
Services for everybody:
- Sexually transmitted disease (STD) and HIV testing
- Referrals for pregnancy, abortion or adoption services
- Someone to talk to about drugs or alcohol
- Someone to talk to about sexuality issues, questions and concerns
- Someone to talk to about gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender issues
For educators and health providers
- Health education and outreach
- sexuality education and training
- community outreach and organization
- materials development
- systems development
- FLASH curriculum for schools
A widely used comprehensive sexuality education curriculum, developed by Public Health's Family Planning Program.
- Practical guidelines and resources for health care providers
- About the Family Planning Program
In 1964, Public Health - Seattle & King County opened the doors of its first family planning clinic, located in the White Center community. Over the next decade, growing recognition of family planning as an essential part of public health resulted in the extension of these services to much of King County.
About our clinics
Our doctors and nurses specialize in birth control methods and STD testing. You will get expert, high quality care at our clinics.
All health care services are confidential. This means that we will not tell anyone about your visit unless you want us to.
Free or low-cost
No one is turned away because they cannot afford to pay. We can help you enroll in health insurance, if eligible. All our services are free or low cost, based on how much money you make.
We accept all types of insurance, including private, Apple Health/Medicaid and Take Charge. For most family planning services there are no out-of-pocket costs with your insurance.
People under 18 do not need written permission from their parents to get services like birth control or pregnancy tests. And if you are age 14 and older, STD testing also is available without parent/guardian consent. Find out more about teens and confidentiality.