HIV testing and linkage to care training
This one day training Wednesday, Dec. 14, 2016 (9:00 am to 5:00 pm) will assist health care providers and others acquire the skills necessary to provide HIV testing and linkage to care.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Conduct streamlined risk assessment
- Identify symptoms of acute HIV infection and refer individuals with possible new infections for follow up testing
- Deliver HIV test results and provide information, support and referral
- Link people newly diagnosed with HIV to medical care and social support services
- Work in partnership with HIV positive individuals to promote notification of sexual and needle sharing partners
- This training does not teach venipuncture or the mechanics of administering other HIV test technologies.
- In-person attendance is required in Seattle, WA. This is not a web-based course.
Lectures, audio-visuals, role plays, discussions, and demonstrations. Up-to-date manual and reference guides are provided.
Katie Heidere, Disease Intervention Specialist, Public Health - Seattle & King County
Ninth and Jefferson Building
Harborview Medical Center
908 Jefferson St.
Seattle, WA 98104
Individuals should register for the HIV Testing and Linkage to Care Training if the agency they work for meets any of the following criteria:
- Receives federal funding to support programs providing HIV testing;
- Receives federal funding support indirectly through the use of the WA State Public Health Lab for HIV testing;
- Receives state funding for the direct support of individual staff members providing HIV testing;
- Serves significant numbers of high-risk individuals.
Date and time
Training is scheduled for Wednesday, December 14, 2016 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Participants should plan to leave no earlier than 5:00 pm.
How to register
Pre-registration is required.
- Trainings are limited to 15 persons. Enrollment priority is given to those who provide HIV testing that is supported by state or federal funding.
- There is no fee for this training.
- Fill out the form below and press the submit button to register.