Quality health care resources for patients with asthma
Quality medical care for children with asthma
- Public Health Centers in King County
Public Health - Seattle & King County never turns anyone away regardless of ability to pay. Check individual Public Health Centers for clinic hours and call to schedule an appointment. Onsite Application Workers can help you enroll in free or low-cost health insurance.
- Community Health Centers
Comprehensive healthcare, including dental care, for individuals and families
Affordable health care
- Low cost health insurance
You may be eligible for free health insurancedepending on your income. If you earn too much for free Medicaid insurance, you could buy one of the insurance plans offered through Washington Healthplanfinder.
Reducing triggers in the home
These are programs that work with families to make their home or apartment a healthier place to live. Some programs are only available to families with low incomes.
- Master Home Environmentalist - American Lung Association of Washington
- Free home environmental assessments from trained volunteers
- Education about health risks associated with pollutants in the home
- Information on no-cost/low-cost ways to reduce home health risks
- No eligibility requirements
- Call 206-441-5100
For children and teens: Learning about asthma
- Asthma Friendly Camps - American Lung Association
The American Lung Association of Washington's Asthma Camps are for children with asthma who are on prescribed daily medication. Each camp provides 24-hour medical supervision by physicians, nurses practitioners, pharmacists, and respiratory therapists.
- The Asthma Wizard - National Jewish Medical and Research Center
- Breatherville, USA - The Allergy Network and Mothers of Asthmatics
- Teens Against Tobacco Use (TATU) - American Lung Association
Teaches young people about tobacco use and how to become advocates for tobacco-free communities.
- The Allergy Network and Mothers of Asthmatics
An extensive prize-winning website for families. Adults can take free online classes to learn about asthma.
- American Lung Association of Washington
Provides information and links. You can also sign up for the Breathe Easy Network, a daily e-mail reports of air quality conditions in King, Kitsap, Pierce and Snohomish Counties.
- Seattle Children's
Guidelines to follow on when you should call a doctor during a child's asthma attack.