Model health policies
Materials may be reproduced with credit given to the Child Care Health Program, Public Health - Seattle & King County. If materials are changed or adapted please add the phrase "Adapted from materials developed by the Child Care Health Program, Public Health - Seattle & King County."
- ADA Individual Plan of Care
- Asthma and Allergies, Asthma Plan: English, Chinese, Spanish, Vietnamese
- Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Plan
Child care providers play a very special role in helping babies get the best nutrition for a healthy start in life. Health professionals agree that breastmilk is the best food for babies. Babies that are separated from their mothers, and in your care, can still have the benefits of breastmilk. In order to support breastfeeding mothers and infants in the child care setting, the Child Care Health Program staff has created two documents. The first describes the components of a breastfeeding friendly child care program. The second is a model policy that is designed to assist child care providers in supporting breastfeeding mothers and infants and in protecting the health of breastfed babies. We hope that you will find these documents useful in your programs.
- Breastfeeding Policy
- Diabetes Health Care Plan: Not available for download. Contact your child care Public Health nurse at 206-263-8262 for assistance.
- First Aid Kit Checklist
- Health Policies:
Model health policies for child care centers and for school age care programs are available to download. Child Care Health Program Public Health Nurses are available to assist King County child care programs with development of a health policy. Please call 206-263-8262 to speak with a Public Health Nurse.
- Incident Log
- Medications and sunscreen:
- Medication Policy
- Medication Authorization Form
- Diaper Cream/Ointment Authorization Form
- Diaper Cream/Ointment Authorization Form (Bulk)
- Sunscreen Authorization Form (Sunscreen Brought from Home)
- Sunscreen Authorization Form (Program-Provided/Bulk Sunscreen)
- Bulk Sunscreen Log
- Guidelines for using sunscreen in child care
- Parent Consent Form (HIPAA) - Please complete BOTH forms below
- Pet policies:
- Refrigerator Temperature Log