Communicable disease letters for families
Use these updated letters to notify families about a possible exposure to an infectious disease. They advise staff and families on how to limit the spread of the disease, symptoms to look for, and whether a child may attend child care if affected. These letters can help you maintain a healthier child care environment; they also satisfy the posting requirement in WAC 170-295-3030.
If you have questions about communicable disease or exclusion from child care due to illness, please contact the Child Care Health Program at 206-263-8262.
- Cold sores
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV)
- Fifth Disease
- Hand, Foot & Mouth Disease
- Head Lice
- Molluscum contagiosum
- Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis)
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) (available in English only)
- Roseola (available in English only)
- Staph or MRSA (Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus)
- Strep Throat or Scarlet Fever