BDCC's business development goal is to retain, expand, create and recruit businesses within industry clusters that are core to the region's economic base and offer the greatest potential for growth,
- King County 's economic development policies (as found in the King County Comprehensive Plan) call for:
- Long-term commitment to sustainable economic development;
- Retention and expansion of home-grown firms in basic industries which bring income to the County and increase the standard of living for its residents;
- Inclusion of public funding in large projects-ensuring that maximum benefit accrues to local businesses and workers;
- Recognition of the environment as a key economic value that must be protected.
Towards these ends, BDCC manages specific Business Development initiatives and partnerships inspired by the County Executive and County Council.