King County has about 1.2 million registered voters, a number that continues to grow each month. King County is the largest jurisdiction in the United States to conduct all elections by mail.
Led by Julie Wise, King County Elections is staffed by approximately 70 dedicated and hard working full-time employees who have a strong sense of pride and commitment to the work they do. Working in collaboration with the Executive and Council, Elections has implemented more than 300 reforms since 2004. We continually work to establish open and transparent processes.
With integrity and a commitment to innovation, we provide all citizens the opportunity to participate in and protect the democratic process.
At King County Elections we PLEDGE that we will:
- P lan ahead and continuously improve our efficiency and our effectiveness;
- L isten and learn from the public and each other to facilitate open and timely communication;
- E ducate the public and each other about election processes;
- D edicate ourselves to democracy by conducting fair and impartial elections;
- G uide each other to fulfill our mission with excellence;
- E ncourage everyone’s contribution for the success of our team.
Looking for growth in a cutting-edge public sector organization? Are you interested making a difference by helping conduct accurate and accessible elections? View job openings.